Dev Ops Engineer
This position has now been filled, thank you for your interest.
Location: Home based within 3 hours travelling time of London.
Salary: £50,000 to £65,000 including performance bonus and pension.
LONAP is an Internet Exchange Point and we have been providing neutral interconnection services between ISPs since 1997. LONAP is a mutual company, which means we are owned by our customers. This leads to an enjoyable and co-operative environment, but it also means our customers have extremely high expectations from LONAP.
We require a Dev Ops Engineer, to lead and deliver projects such as network automation, writing software tools and assist with network management.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. This is a home working role however regular travel to data centres in London will be necessary, as will travel to meetings in the UK. You may be asked to travel internationally to represent the company. A full driving license is an advantage.
The regular hours of work will be Monday to Friday office-hours pattern, with flexible working arrangements permitted. You will be expected to carry out some out-of-hours work where necessary, with time off in lieu.
Your role will include:
- Building and deploying tools to automate workflow
- Developing software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Investigating and resolving technical issues
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Taking the lead on technical projects.
- Representing the company at events - thus, you need strong communication skills and a solid technical foundation.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Good knowledge of PHP, Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge and familiarity with UNIX-like operating systems
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Monitoring platform management
The following skills are desirable:
- Experience working independently and from home
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, NAPALM & Puppet
- Experience in deploying virtualisation platforms/hypervisors.
- Experience in an AGILE project environment.
- Experience with network hardware (currently LONAP uses Arista EOS)
- Experience dealing with ISP and IXP operations
- Involvement in global peering/operator community
All candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
No agencies please.
To apply please send your CV together with a brief explanation of why you believe that you are suitable for this role to richard (at) lonap (dot) net.